binsus tomohon : english forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
binsus tomohon : english forum

this is where we share and learn together to get to know the world of English

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
we are glad to face this upcoming holidays due to the ramadhan
STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT REGISTERED YET, please, SIGN UP WITH THE FORUM ASAP
Visit the official website of SMA Kristen 2 BINSUS Tomohon at http://www.binsus-tomohon.org
Don't forget to fulfil any tasks of you by posting as many as possible into the thread or topic provided
reach us by email to : smakr2_binsus_tomohon@yahoo.com
Please, register using your real name so admin or moderators can recognize you very well for the sake of your score assessed
Any unreal or strange user names will be deleted by admin in terms of precautions
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Christmas Greetings 2008
make a pie crust EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 pm by Grace Montolalu

» Share your gossips!
make a pie crust EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:57 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» Laser engraving and cutting machine from Jinan K-Ring Technology Company
make a pie crust EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:50 pm by kringlaserengraver

» Debating World
make a pie crust EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:21 pm by Admin

» a toy for a big boy
make a pie crust EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm by chintia Loginsi

» The Three Little Pigs
make a pie crust EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» The Dog Bride
make a pie crust EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» the mouse,the frog and the hawk
make a pie crust EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:17 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» the trhee fhises
make a pie crust EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 3:38 pm by Prima Mawitjere

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

make a pie crust

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kartika togas
binsus newbie
binsus newbie
kartika togas

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-27

make a pie crust Empty
PostSubject: make a pie crust   make a pie crust EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:43 am

Ingredients
Makes two 9-inch pie crusts

1 cup butter
1 tbsp dark brown sugar (omit for a savory pie)
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or AP flour)
1 tsp salt
5-6 tbsp ice water

Method
Cut the sticks of butter into 1/2-inch cubes and place in the freezer for 15 minutes to an hour (the longer the better) so that they become thoroughly chilled.

Combine flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor & pulse to mix. Add butter and pulse 6 to 8 times, until mixture resembles coarse meal, with pea size pieces of butter. Add ice water 1 Tbsp at a time, pulsing until mixture just begins to clump together. If you pinch some of the crumbly dough and it holds together, it's ready. If the dough doesn't hold together, add a little more water and pulse again.

Remove dough from machine and place in a mound on a clean surface. Gently shape into 2 discs. Knead the dough just enough to form the discs, do not over-knead. You should be able to see little bits of butter in the dough. These small chunks of butter are what will allow the resulting crust to be flaky. Sprinkle a little flour around the discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or upto 2 days.

Remove one crust disk from the refrigerator; keep the plastic wrap on. Let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes in order to soften just enough to make rolling out a bit easier. Roll out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface to a 12-inch circle; about 1/8 of an inch thick.

The plastic wrap makes rolling it out easier; but you can try the traditional way of rolling it on a flour-dusted surface if you are comfortable with that. Carefully place onto a 9-inch pie plate. Gently press the pie dough down so that it lines the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Use a pair of kitchen scissors to trim the excess dough, or use your fingers o pinch the edges as shown in the picture.

Pre-Baking the Crust
Most of the dessert pie recipes require pre-baking the crust a little before adding the filling. Preheat your oven to 350°F, and refrigerate the crust for at least 20-30 mins. When the pie crust is sufficiently chilled, line the pie crust with parchment paper, wax paper, or aluminum foil. Fill at least two-thirds full with pie weights - dry beans, rice, or stainless-steel pie weights. Bake with weights for 15 minutes. Now remove from oven, remove the weights, prick the bottom with a fork and return to oven for an another 10 minutes, until the crust is golden. Let it cool completely on a wire-rack and then you can move on to adding the filling, be it fruits or anything else.

Tip: Whip an egg white and brush the bottom of the crust with this mixture before baking. This prevents the crust from becoming soggy, and keeps it crispier!

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down

make a pie crust
Page 1 of 1