binsus tomohon : english forum

this is where we share and learn together to get to know the world of English

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
we are glad to face this upcoming holidays due to the ramadhan
STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT REGISTERED YET, please, SIGN UP WITH THE FORUM ASAP
Visit the official website of SMA Kristen 2 BINSUS Tomohon at http://www.binsus-tomohon.org
Don't forget to fulfil any tasks of you by posting as many as possible into the thread or topic provided
reach us by email to : smakr2_binsus_tomohon@yahoo.com
Please, register using your real name so admin or moderators can recognize you very well for the sake of your score assessed
Any unreal or strange user names will be deleted by admin in terms of precautions
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Christmas Greetings 2008
Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 pm by Grace Montolalu

» Share your gossips!
Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:57 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» Laser engraving and cutting machine from Jinan K-Ring Technology Company
Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:50 pm by kringlaserengraver

» Debating World
Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:21 pm by Admin

» a toy for a big boy
Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm by chintia Loginsi

» The Three Little Pigs
Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» The Dog Bride
Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» the mouse,the frog and the hawk
Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:17 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» the trhee fhises
Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:38 pm by Prima Mawitjere

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

The Princess and the Pea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Chres

Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: The Princess and the Pea   Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:04 pm

The Princess and the Pea

Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.
One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.
It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess.
Well, we'll soon find that out, thought the old queen. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.
On this the princess had to lie all night. In the morning she was asked how she had slept.
"Oh, very badly!" said she. "I have scarcely closed my eyes all night. Heaven only knows what was in the bed, but I was lying on something hard, so that I am black and blue all over my body. It's horrible!"
Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right through the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.
Nobody but a real princess could be as sensitive as that.
So the prince took her for his wife, for now he knew that he had a real princess; and the pea was put in the museum, where it may still be seen, if no one has stolen it.
There, that is a true story.

How do you split the generic structure of the story above?

yolanda katuuk
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:54 am

Generic structure from the narrative text of “The Princess and the Pea”

Orientation : Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. He would have liked very much to have a real princess.

Complication : One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.
It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.
On this the princess had to lie all night.

Evaluation : In the morning she was asked how she had slept.
"Oh, very badly!" said she. "I have scarcely closed my eyes all night. Heaven only knows what was in the bed, but I was lying on something hard, so that I am black and blue all over my body. It's horrible!"

Resolution : Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right through the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.
So the prince took her for his wife, for now he knew that he had a real princess; and the pea was put in the museum, where it may still be seen, if no one has stolen it.

i think that's all....

flower flower geek cheers Very Happy Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geta iren
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:23 pm

Generic structure from the narrative text of : "The Princess and the Pea"

Orientation : Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. He would have liked very much to have a real princess.

Complication : One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.
It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.

Resolution : Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right through the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.

Sorry if one Mnr.Cress., Because I already forgot.
No No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inri oway
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Female Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:28 pm

it is the narrative text..

Orientation : Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He traveled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted.

Complication : There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.
One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents.

Evaluation : Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.
It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess.

[/justify][justify]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rianay.wordpress.com
adisthya wagiu
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: rep Narrative   Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:58 pm

The generic structure of The Princess and the Pea

Orientation:
Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.

Complication:
One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.

Evaluation:
Well, we'll soon find that out, thought the old queen. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.
On this the princess had to lie all night. In the morning she was asked how she had slept.

Resolution:
Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right through the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.

Thx n GBU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oliviane wenno
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Female Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Get to Konow Its Parts   Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:20 pm

Orientation :
Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. He would have liked very much to have a real princess.

Evaluation :

Complication :
It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good
gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The
water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of
her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a
real princess. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all
the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she
took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty
eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.

Resolution :
In the morning she was asked how she had slept.

Re-orientation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.conanryogi.blogspot.com
fersta saguni
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:59 pm

Mr. Chres wrote:
The Princess and the Pea

Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right thr ough the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.

ORIENTATION:Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted.
COMPLICATION:One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.
EVOLUTION:It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess.
REORIENTATION:
So the prince took her for his wife, for now he knew that he had a real princess; and the pea was put in the museum, where it may still be seen, if no one has stolen it. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
meriska soolany
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Female Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:46 pm

ORIENTATION:
Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones.

COMPLICATION:

EVOLUTION:

RESOLUTION:

RE-ORIENTATION:

_Jbu_

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeine
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:18 pm

The Princess and the Pea

Orientation: Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.
Evaluation: One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.
Complication: It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess.
Resolution: Well, we'll soon find that out, thought the old queen. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.
Re-orientation: Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right through the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elrita_tawaang
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:34 pm

santa santa
GENERIC STRUCTURE: "THE PRINCESS AND THE PEA"

ORIENTATION: Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. He would have liked very much to have a real princess.

EVOLUTION: One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.

RE-ORIENTATION:
Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right thr ough the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.

RESOLUTION: Nobody but a real princess could be as sensitive as that.

COMPLICATION: It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pauline Pinkan
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Female Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:47 am

in my mind..

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monica pinontoan
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Female Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:39 pm

orientation : Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He traveled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. He would have liked very much to have a real princess

evaluation : One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it

complication : It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.
On this the princess had to lie all night

resolution :In the morning she was asked how she had slept.

re-orientation : Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right through the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.

Gbu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chintia umboh
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:52 pm

The Princess and the Pea

orientation:
Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He traveled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.

Complication:

Evaluation:

Resolution:

i think thats all

santa

lol!

Gb,,
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chintiaumboh.wordpress.com
Andrew Orlando Hukom
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Male Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:17 am

Mr. Chres wrote:
The Princess and the Pea

GENERIC STRUCTURE

ORIENTATION:Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.

COMPLICATION:One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.

EVALUATION:In the morning she was asked how she had slept.

RE-ORIENTATION: Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right through the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finanda Tidajoh
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: The Princess and the pea   Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:20 am

Orientation :
Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. He would have liked very much to have a real princess.

Evaluation :

Complication :

Resolution :

Re-orientation:
Gbu_
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heidy sahanggamu
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Female Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:05 pm

Orientation : Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.

GBU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andrew mewengkang
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:07 am

Mr. Chres wrote:
The Princess and the Pea

Orientation :

Evaluation :

Complication :

Resolution :

Re-orientation:
So the prince took her for his wife, for now he knew that he had a real princess; and the pea was put in the museum, where it may still be seen, if no one has stolen it. Neutral Very Happy santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clara Sengke
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:55 am

o>Orientation :

o>Evaluation :

o>Complication :

o>Resolution :

o>Re-orientation:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ayu.mantiri
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:56 am

Orientation : Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He traveled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted.

Complication : There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.
One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents.

Evaluation : Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geiby-Kalalo
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Female Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:09 am

Orientation : Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
maurein wola
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:07 am

orientation : Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He traveled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. He would have liked very much to have a real princess

evaluation : One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it

complication : It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.
On this the princess had to lie all night

resolution :In the morning she was asked how she had slept.

re-orientation : Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right through the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.

Gbu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor Liando
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: princes and the pea   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:17 am

Complication : One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.

evaluation: Well, soon find that out, thought the old queen. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.
I have scarcely closed my eyes all night. Heaven only knows what was in the bed, but I was lying on something hard, so that I am black and blue all over my body. It's horrible!"

afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riefaldo lodjo
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:24 am

ORIENTATION: Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. He would have liked very much to have a real princess.

EVOLUTION: One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.

RE-ORIENTATION:

RESOLUTION: Nobody but a real princess could be as sensitive as that.

COMPLICATION: It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels.
afro lol! santa farao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Victor Liando
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: the princess and the pea   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:49 am

Evaluation: Well, soon find that out, thought the old queen. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.
Heaven only knows what was in the bed, but I was lying on something hard, so that I am black and blue all over my body.

RESOLUTION:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Janet Manoppo
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Female Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:52 am

the princess and the pea
Orientation :

Evaluation :

Complication :

Resolution :

Re-orientation:
So the prince took her for his wife, for now he knew that he had a real princess; and the pea was put in the museum, where it may still be seen, if no one has stolen it. santa rendeer santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Princess and the Pea   

Back to top Go down

The Princess and the Pea
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
binsus tomohon : english forum :: Short Texts :: Monologue Texts :: Narrative-
Jump to: