binsus tomohon : english forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
binsus tomohon : english forum

this is where we share and learn together to get to know the world of English

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
we are glad to face this upcoming holidays due to the ramadhan
STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT REGISTERED YET, please, SIGN UP WITH THE FORUM ASAP
Visit the official website of SMA Kristen 2 BINSUS Tomohon at http://www.binsus-tomohon.org
Don't forget to fulfil any tasks of you by posting as many as possible into the thread or topic provided
reach us by email to : smakr2_binsus_tomohon@yahoo.com
Please, register using your real name so admin or moderators can recognize you very well for the sake of your score assessed
Any unreal or strange user names will be deleted by admin in terms of precautions
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Christmas Greetings 2008
The Three Little Pigs EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 pm by Grace Montolalu

» Share your gossips!
The Three Little Pigs EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:57 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» Laser engraving and cutting machine from Jinan K-Ring Technology Company
The Three Little Pigs EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:50 pm by kringlaserengraver

» Debating World
The Three Little Pigs EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:21 pm by Admin

» a toy for a big boy
The Three Little Pigs EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm by chintia Loginsi

» The Three Little Pigs
The Three Little Pigs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» The Dog Bride
The Three Little Pigs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» the mouse,the frog and the hawk
The Three Little Pigs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:17 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» the trhee fhises
The Three Little Pigs EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 3:38 pm by Prima Mawitjere

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

The Three Little Pigs

Go down 
+10
suwitha mukuan
Indra Kountur
Virginia Carrol
Riska Tintingon
Chlaudia Mokoagouw
Ryan Kumaat
adisa manangkalangi
Friska L Waworuntu
firsie kalangi
pingkan rugian
14 posters
AuthorMessage
pingkan rugian
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-27

The Three Little Pigs Empty
PostSubject: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 9:05 am

Once upon a time there were three little pigs, who left their mummy and daddy to see the world.

All summer long, they roamed through the woods and over the plains, playing games and having fun. None were happier than the three little pigs, and they easily made friends with everyone. Wherever they went, they were given a warm welcome, but as summer drew to a close, they realized that folk were drifting back to their usual jobs, and preparing for winter. Autumn came and it began to rain. The three little pigs started to feel they needed a real home. Sadly they knew that the fun was over now and they must set to work like the others, or they'd be left in the cold and rain, with no roof over their heads. They talked about what to do, but each decided for himself. The laziest little pig said he'd build a straw hut.

"It will only take a day,' he said. The others disagreed.

"It's too fragile," they said disapprovingly, but he refused to listen. Not quite so lazy, the second little pig went in search of planks of seasoned wood.

"Clunk! Clunk! Clunk!" It took him two days to nail them together. But the third little pig did not like the wooden house.

"That's not the way to build a house!" he said. "It takes time, patience and hard work to build a house that is strong enough to stand up to wind, rain, and snow, and most of all, protect us from the wolf!"

The days went by, and the wisest little pig's house took shape, brick by brick. From time to time, his brothers visited him, saying with a chuckle.

"Why are you working so hard? Why don't you come and play?" But the stubborn bricklayer pig just said "no".

"I shall finish my house first. It must be solid and sturdy. And then I'll come and play!" he said. "I shall not be foolish like you! For he who laughs last, laughs longest!"

It was the wisest little pig that found the tracks of a big wolf in the neighborhood.

The little pigs rushed home in alarm. Along came the wolf, scowling fiercely at the laziest pig's straw hut.

"Come out!" ordered the wolf, his mouth watering. I want to speak to you!"

"I'd rather stay where I am!" replied the little pig in a tiny voice.

"I'll make you come out!" growled the wolf angrily, and puffing out his chest, he took a very deep breath. Then he blew with all his might, right onto the house. And all the straw the silly pig had heaped against some thin poles, fell down in the great blast. Excited by his own cleverness, the wolf did not notice that the little pig had slithered out from underneath the heap of straw, and was dashing towards his brother's wooden house. When he realized that the little pig was escaping, the wolf grew wild with rage.

"Come back!" he roared, trying to catch the pig as he ran into the wooden house. The other little pig greeted his brother, shaking like a leaf.

"I hope this house won't fall down! Let's lean against the door so he can't break in!"

Outside, the wolf could hear the little pigs' words. Starving as he was, at the idea of a two course meal, he rained blows on the door.

"Open up! Open up! I only want to speak to you!"

Inside, the two brothers wept in fear and did their best to hold the door fast against the blows. Then the furious wolf braced himself a new effort: he drew in a really enormous breath, and went ... WHOOOOO! The wooden house collapsed like a pack of cards.

Luckily, the wisest little pig had been watching the scene from the window of his own brick house, and he rapidly opened the door to his fleeing brothers. And not a moment too soon, for the wolf was already hammering furiously on the door. This time, the wolf had grave doubts. This house had a much more solid air than the others. He blew once, he blew again and then for a third time. But all was in vain. For the house did not budge an inch. The three little pigs watched him and their fear began to fade. Quite exhausted by his efforts, the wolf decided to try one of his tricks. He scrambled up a nearby ladder, on to the roof to have a look at the chimney. However, the wisest little pig had seen this ploy, and he quickly said.

"Quick! Light the fire!" With his long legs thrust down the chimney, the wolf was not sure if he should slide down the black hole. It wouldn't be easy to get in, but the sound of the little pigs' voices below only made him feel hungrier.

"I'm dying of hunger! I'm going to try and get down." And he let himself drop. But landing was rather hot, too hot! The wolf landed in the fire, stunned by his fall.

The flames licked his hairy coat and his tail became a flaring torch.

"Never again! Never again will I go down a chimney" he squealed, as he tried to put out the flames in his tail. Then he ran away as fast as he could.

The three happy little pigs, dancing round and round the yard, began to sing. "Tra-la-la! Tra-la-la! The wicked black wolf will never come back...!"

From that terrible day on, the wisest little pig's brothers set to work with a will. In less than no time, up went the two new brick houses. The wolf did return once to roam in the neighborhood, but when he caught sight of three chimneys, he remembered the terrible pain of a burnt tail, and he left for good.

Now safe and happy, the wisest little pig called to his brothers. "No more work! Come on, let's go and play!"
The End Razz
Back to top Go down
firsie kalangi
binsus newbie
binsus newbie
firsie kalangi

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:19 pm

according to you how that ham life while left by both of theis parents?
Back to top Go down
Friska L Waworuntu
binsus newbie
binsus newbie
Friska L Waworuntu

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:09 am

what the characters of the tree little pigs in this story?
Back to top Go down
pingkan rugian
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Once there was a widower who for his second wife, married a proud and haughty woman. She had two daughters, who were equally vain. By his first wife, she had a beautiful young daughter who was a girl of unparalleled goodness and sweet temper. The Stepmother and her daughters forced the first daughter to complete all the housework. When the girl had done her work, she sat in the cinders, which caused her to be called "Cinderella". The poor girl bore it patiently, but she dared not tell her father, who would have scolded her; his wife controlled him entirely.

One day the Prince invited all the young ladies in the land to a ball so he could choose a wife. As the two Stepsisters were invited, they gleefully planned their wardrobes. Although Cinderella assisted them and dreamed of going to the dance, they taunted her by saying a maid could never attend a ball.

As the sisters swept away to the ball, Cinderella cried in despair. Her Fairy Godmother magically appeared and vowed to assist Cinderella in attending the ball. She turned a pumpkin into a coach, mice into horses, a rat into a coachman, and lizards into footmen. She then turned Cinderella's rags into a beautiful gown, complete with a delicate pair of glass slippers. The Godmother told her to enjoy the ball, but return before midnight for the spells would be broken.

At the ball, the entire court was entranced by Cinderella, especially the Prince, who never left her side. Unrecognized by her sisters, Cinderella remembered to leave before midnight. Back home, Cinderella graciously thanked her Godmother Singing. She then greeted the Stepsisters who enthusiastically talked of nothing but the beautiful girl at the ball.

When another ball was held the next evening, Cinderella again attended with her Godmother's help. The Prince became even more entranced. However, this evening she lost track of time and left only at the final stroke of midnight, losing one of her glass slippers on the steps of the palace in her haste. The Prince chased her, but outside the palace, the guards had seen only a simple country wench leave. The Prince pocketed the slipper and vowed to find and marry the girl to whom it belonged. Meanwhile, Cinderella kept the other slipper, which had not disappeared when the spell had broken.

The Prince tried the slipper on all the young women in the land. When the Prince arrived at Cinderella's villa, the Stepsisters tried in vain. When Cinderella asked if she might try, the Stepsisters taunted her. Naturally, the slipper fit perfectly, and Cinderella produced the other slipper for good measure. The Stepsisters begged for forgiveness, and Cinderella forgave them for their cruelties.
Cinderella returned to the palace where she married the Prince, and the Stepsisters also married two lords.

Question : What the character of Cinderella???
Back to top Go down
pingkan rugian
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:57 pm

The Farmer's Law

One weekend a lawyer from New York decided to go bird hunting in Vermont. The lawyer drove to Vermont and found a good hunting spot near a farm. The lawyer sees a bird, shoots it and watches fall to the ground on the other side of the barns fence.

The lawyer, thinking to himself that's my bird I have to go get it, climbs the fence retrieves the bird and climbs back. Just as he gets back over the farmer comes up to him and says, "give me my bird." The lawyer says to him " your bird no no no I shot this bird it is mine."

"No" says the farmer,"it landed on my property it is mine." "Look" says the lawyer, "I am a lawyer, I will sue you , you will lose and I will get the duck." "No" says the farmer, "that's not how we do it here in Vermont, we use the three kick rule."

"Ok" says the lawyer, how does that work?" "I kick you three times as hard as I can, than you kick me as hard as you an three time and we keep going until one of us gives up." "Fine" says the lawyer, "let's go." "I'll go first" says the famer. So the famer kicks layer as hard as he can in the groin.

And just as lawyer is bent over in pain the famer kicks him right in the face. now just as the lawyer is thinking what did IU get myself into the farmer kicks him in the stomach. after the lawyer gets over the agonizing pain he says ok now it's my turn. No the farmer says, "I quit you can have the duck."

Question : what the main idea of this story?
Back to top Go down
pingkan rugian
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:07 pm

The Frog Prince

One fine evening a young princess put on her bonnet and clogs, and went out to take a walk by herself in a wood; and when she came to a cool spring of water with a rose in the middle of it, she sat herself down to rest a while. Now she had a golden ball in her hand, which was her favourite plaything; and she was always tossing it up into the air, and catching it again as it fell.
After a time she threw it up so high that she missed catching it as it fell; and the ball bounded away, and rolled along on the ground, until at last it fell down into the spring. The princess looked into the spring after her ball, but it was very deep, so deep that she could not see the bottom of it. She began to cry, and said, 'Alas! if I could only get my ball again, I would give all my fine clothes and jewels, and everything that I have in the world.'
Whilst she was speaking, a frog put its head out of the water, and said, 'Princess, why do you weep so bitterly?'
'Alas!' said she, 'what can you do for me, you nasty frog? My golden ball has fallen into the spring.'
The frog said, 'I do not want your pearls, and jewels, and fine clothes; but if you will love me, and let me live with you and eat from off your golden plate, and sleep on your bed, I will bring you your ball again.'
'What nonsense,' thought the princess, 'this silly frog is talking! He can never even get out of the spring to visit me, though he may be able to get my ball for me, and therefore I will tell him he shall have what he asks.'
So she said to the frog, 'Well, if you will bring me my ball, I will do all you ask.'
Then the frog put his head down, and dived deep under the water; and after a little while he came up again, with the ball in his mouth, and threw it on the edge of the spring.
As soon as the young princess saw her ball, she ran to pick it up; and she was so overjoyed to have it in her hand again, that she never thought of the frog, but ran home with it as fast as she could.

The frog called after her, 'Stay, princess, and take me with you as you said,'
But she did not stop to hear a word.
The next day, just as the princess had sat down to dinner, she heard a strange noise - tap, tap - plash, plash - as if something was coming up the marble staircase, and soon afterwards there was a gentle knock at the door, and a little voice cried out and said:

'Open the door, my princess dear,
Open the door to thy true love here!
And mind the words that thou and I said
By the fountain cool, in the greenwood shade.'

Then the princess ran to the door and opened it, and there she saw the frog, whom she had quite forgotten. At this sight she was sadly frightened, and shutting the door as fast as she could came back to her seat.
The king, her father, seeing that something had frightened her, asked her what was the matter.
'There is a nasty frog,' said she, 'at the door, that lifted my ball for me out of the spring this morning. I told him that he should live with me here, thinking that he could never get out of the spring; but there he is at the door, and he wants to come in.'
While she was speaking the frog knocked again at the door, and said:

Then the king said to the young princess, 'As you have given your word you must keep it; so go and let him in.'
She did so, and the frog hopped into the room, and then straight on - tap, tap - plash, plash - from the bottom of the room to the top, till he came up close to the table where the princess sat.
'Pray lift me upon chair,' said he to the princess, 'and let me sit next to you.'
As soon as she had done this, the frog said, 'Put your plate nearer to me, that I may eat out of it.'
This she did, and when he had eaten as much as he could, he said, 'Now I am tired; carry me upstairs, and put me into your bed.' And the princess, though very unwilling, took him up in her hand, and put him upon the pillow of her own bed, where he slept all night long.

As soon as it was light the frog jumped up, hopped downstairs, and went out of the house.
'Now, then,' thought the princess, 'at last he is gone, and I shall be troubled with him no more.'
But she was mistaken; for when night came again she heard the same tapping at the door; and the frog came once more, and said:

And when the princess opened the door the frog came in, and slept upon her pillow as before, till the morning broke. And the third night he did the same. But when the princess awoke on the following morning she was astonished to see, instead of the frog, a handsome prince, gazing on her with the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen and standing at the head of her bed.
He told her that he had been enchanted by a spiteful fairy, who had changed him into a frog; and that he had been fated so to abide till some princess should take him out of the spring, and let him eat from her plate, and sleep upon her bed for three nights.
'You,' said the prince, 'have broken his cruel charm, and now I have nothing to wish for but that you should go with me into my father's kingdom, where I will marry you, and love you as long as you live.'
The young princess, you may be sure, was not long in saying 'Yes' to all this; and as they spoke a brightly coloured coach drove up, with eight beautiful horses, decked with plumes of feathers and a golden harness; and behind the coach rode the prince's servant, faithful Heinrich, who had bewailed the misfortunes of his dear master during his enchantment so long and so bitterly, that his heart had well-nigh burst.
They then took leave of the king, and got into the coach with eight horses, and all set out, full of joy and merriment, for the prince's kingdom, which they reached safely; and there they lived happily a great many years.

Question : what the main idea of this story?
Back to top Go down
adisa manangkalangi
binsus newbie
binsus newbie
adisa manangkalangi

Female Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: question   The Three Little Pigs EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:18 am

what the mean idea of this story???
Back to top Go down
Ryan Kumaat
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:36 am

are this three pigs had names?

@firsie:happy maybe...
@friska:the first is silly, the second is pretty smart but still silly and the third is wise
@adisa:how the three pigs face the wolf wih their brain
Back to top Go down
Chlaudia Mokoagouw
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:38 am

@ Rhiku ::::no...because the story above dont tell they name...
Back to top Go down
Riska Tintingon
binsus newbie
binsus newbie
Riska Tintingon

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:54 am

What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
Back to top Go down
Virginia Carrol
binsus newbie
binsus newbie
Virginia Carrol

Female Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:02 am

Do you wanna be one of the three pigs? Why?
Back to top Go down
Chlaudia Mokoagouw
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:25 am

what do you thing about the farmer??
Back to top Go down
Indra Kountur
binsus newbie
binsus newbie
Indra Kountur

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Question   The Three Little Pigs EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:56 pm

What problems arise in the story?
Back to top Go down
suwitha mukuan
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:56 pm

@ irene rugian : Cinderella is a beautiful girl and she is friendly.
Back to top Go down
moningka shinta
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:54 pm

tell me about resolution from story! Rolling Eyes bounce Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
moningka shinta
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 6:58 pm

Virginia Carrol wrote:
Do you wanna be one of the three pigs? Why?

maybe ???? just have fun Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JCluvaRJieL_537
binsus newbie
binsus newbie
JCluvaRJieL_537

Female Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:05 am

When the three little pigs started to feel that they needed a real home?
Back to top Go down
christel sambou
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:10 pm

@ika :character of the small pigs in the story that is wise
Back to top Go down
Kelvin Wuisan
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:02 pm

what the tell story about the first paragraph?
Back to top Go down
Kelvin Wuisan
binsus newbie
binsus newbie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:12 pm

@VIRGIN :
yes, I want to be like a wise pig. because, The little pig warn us so we can keep our house with all sorts of challenges that exist in and outside of our house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Three Little Pigs   The Three Little Pigs Empty

Back to top Go down

The Three Little Pigs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
binsus tomohon : english forum :: Short Texts :: Monologue Texts :: Narrative-
Jump to: