binsus tomohon : english forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
binsus tomohon : english forum

this is where we share and learn together to get to know the world of English

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
we are glad to face this upcoming holidays due to the ramadhan
STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT REGISTERED YET, please, SIGN UP WITH THE FORUM ASAP
Visit the official website of SMA Kristen 2 BINSUS Tomohon at http://www.binsus-tomohon.org
Don't forget to fulfil any tasks of you by posting as many as possible into the thread or topic provided
reach us by email to : smakr2_binsus_tomohon@yahoo.com
Please, register using your real name so admin or moderators can recognize you very well for the sake of your score assessed
Any unreal or strange user names will be deleted by admin in terms of precautions
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Christmas Greetings 2008
The Stolen Plow EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 pm by Grace Montolalu

» Share your gossips!
The Stolen Plow EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:57 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» Laser engraving and cutting machine from Jinan K-Ring Technology Company
The Stolen Plow EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:50 pm by kringlaserengraver

» Debating World
The Stolen Plow EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 2:21 pm by Admin

» a toy for a big boy
The Stolen Plow EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm by chintia Loginsi

» The Three Little Pigs
The Stolen Plow EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» The Dog Bride
The Stolen Plow EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» the mouse,the frog and the hawk
The Stolen Plow EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:17 pm by Prima Mawitjere

» the trhee fhises
The Stolen Plow EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 3:38 pm by Prima Mawitjere

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

The Stolen Plow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emmor
Emmor

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-11-18

The Stolen Plow Empty
PostSubject: The Stolen Plow   The Stolen Plow EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:43 am

At one time there were two traders who were great friends. One of them lived in a small village, and one lived in a large town near-by.
One day the village trader took his plow to the large town to have it mended. Then he left it with the trader who lived there. After some time the town trader sold the plow, and kept the money.
When the trader from the village came to get his plow the town trader said, "The mice have eaten your plow."
"That is strange! How could mice eat such a thing?" said the village trader.
That afternoon when all the children went down to the river to go swimming, the village trader took the town trader's little son to the house of a friend saying, "Please keep this little boy here until I come back for him."
By and by the villager went back to the town trader's house.
"Where is my son? He went away with you. Why didn't you bring him back?" asked the town trader.
"I took him with me and left him on the bank of the river while I went down into the water," said the villager. "While I was swimming about a big bird seized your son, and flew up into the air with him. I shouted, but I could not make the bird let go," he said.
"That cannot be true," cried the town trader. "No bird could carry off a boy. I will go to the court, and you will have to go there, and tell the judge."
The villager said, "As you please"; and they both went to the court. The town trader said to the judge:
"This fellow took my son with him to the river, and when I asked where the boy was, he said that a bird had carried him off."
"What have you to say?" said the judge to the village trader.
"I told the father that I took the boy with me, and that a bird had carried him off," said the village trader.
"But where in the world are there birds strong enough to carry off boys?" said the judge.
"I have a question to ask you," answered the village trader. "If birds cannot carry off boys, can mice eat plows?"
"What do you mean by that?" asked the judge.
"I left my good plow with this man. When I came for it he told me that the mice had eaten it. If mice eat plows, then birds carry off boys; but if mice cannot do this, neither can birds carry off boys. This man says the mice ate my plow."
The judge said to the town trader, "Give back the plow to this man, and he will give your son back to you."
And the two traders went out of the court, and by night-time one had his son back again, and the other had his plow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.emmor.wordpress.com

The Stolen Plow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
binsus tomohon : english forum :: Short Texts :: Monologue Texts :: Narrative-
Jump to: